Ceriba
Welcome to the land of Ceriba. Please sign in here. If you are not apart of our Rp family yet, please sign up! =D
Ceriba
Welcome to the land of Ceriba. Please sign in here. If you are not apart of our Rp family yet, please sign up! =D
Ceriba
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceriba

A place of hope and courage. A place to unite.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello Rpers! Welcome to the neighboring land of Sheinara. Ceriba. A land where the hope of survival is based on the two sister kingdoms working together. Have fun (:

Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Empty
PostSubject: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 4:21 pm

Trin was in his best suit. He was sat, neatly ironed shirt, with a straight back and his left leg crossed over the right. He should be nervous but the crowd was barely more than one hundred people and he was used to talking to thousands of amassed soldiers. The people were eager to see their new rulers. Trin looked left and right, at Lianna and Ava, standing up, smoothing down the jacket and clearing his throat. He took two paces towards the microphone, standing at the wooden pulpit with a perfect posture. He looked down at his speech notes and began.
"People of Ceriba. I am Trinovantes Leali. I am Lord General of the armies that protect you, and I rule with my sister and daughter, Lianna Leali and Ava Leali. We rule your land, the land that you and your ancestors built with your bare hands, a strain that will not go unrewarded. We will rule graciously, taking the vote to the people when necessary. 'Well that's never then!' You may think, but it is commonly accepted that the democratic ruling system benefits a kingdom and country more greatly than dictatorship and certainly more than fascism. We are not profiteering bureaucrats, we are democratic leaders who will rely on the public vote to see this kingdom expand and progress." He paused as the crowd gave a small applause and a few quiet cheers. He smiled. He was winning them over already.
"Many of you may be worried about money; will your taxes be raised? I answer you. No. If anything your taxes shall be lowered. You deserve the money you earn. As for city budgets, our family is being funded great amounts of money. I know that I, for one, make a lot of money on the stock market. This money will go towards making life comfortable for all of us. We shall live in unison. Whether you be man, woman, elf, dwarf or any other race, we will live in unison. If you have a disability, special 'gift' or power, then do not fear; we SHALL live in unison.
"Many people may be wondering how you are being protected. At the moment all military plans are discussed secretly. We do not wish to count you out but I know, we as a city, would prosper more if less pressure was placed upon you for our military decisions. do not live in the fear that one day your home will be ransacked and your family hurt. I promise to you that that will not happen. Any violent crimes, I give my personal guarantee that I will investigate personally. We shall never fall as long as we stand as one. People of Ceriba, you lives will be peaceful and harmonic. You shall have the lives you have always dreamed of. We are the ones who will make that dream come true. Thank you." He listened admirably to the applause, stepped from the podium, nodding to the two girls. He walked down the steps and back towards the palace. "So, what did you think?" he asked Ava and Lia.
Back to top Go down
Ava_Jazlynn
Admin
Ava_Jazlynn

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 4:42 pm

Ava nodded as a way to applaud her father. "Vey nice job, daddy. I think they'll begin to trust us fully in just a short time." She smiled, believeing what she said. Her doubts were suddenly gone. Ceriba would be a great country.
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 4:44 pm

"Soldiers used to say I was a great orator." He said, looking ahead, hands in his trouser pockets. "I never believed them. Although, after seeing this my doubts are almost gone." He shook his head at his own arrogance. "Listen to me, acting like it was just me. You two helped with new laws, you made this place nice. It's like you're the band and I'm just the front man."
Back to top Go down
iheartheartsxo
Admin
iheartheartsxo

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:49 pm

Lianna walked along quietly keeping to herself. She had applauded quietly when her brother had finished his speech and she agreed. She just felt quietly today. She listened to her neice and brother talk as she sort of spaced out. Her thoughts were else where at the moment. Even she didn't quite know what she was thinking of.
Back to top Go down
http://sheinararpg118.forumotion.co.uk/index.htm?sid=a2707aca898
Ava_Jazlynn
Admin
Ava_Jazlynn

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 1:34 pm

Ava looked over to her aunt. "Something wrong, Lianna?" She asked, turning her head a bit to the side. She couldnt place where anything seemed wrong, or out of place. Lia's thought were all kinda moving around, none of them making much sense.
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 11:55 am

aloud clap could be heard when the applause ceased. stepping forward in his scratch covered green battle armour Baen walks forward still clapping

"very good. motivating, reassuring. everything the public needs to hear. now i have a strange request as only two of you know me. but i need a place to stay for a few days to relax before i head off into Al'kharma. i donot know your word for it... at any rate i would be extremly grateful if you could."

he looks to Ava and her aunt pleadingly -not shielding his mind whilst hoping none ask what he has to do-
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:32 pm

Trin held out his hand, smiling broadly, hoping for Baen to accept a warrior's shake at the wrist.
"Baen, all you need to do is ask. Although," He paused, the thought of Baen's inadvertently entering his mind. Trin had a habit of accidentally allowing unguarded thoughts from other people. "As you fear, I must ask why. I could set you up with one of my houses. No fee, just a few week's military service?"
Back to top Go down
Ava_Jazlynn
Admin
Ava_Jazlynn

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 8:53 pm

"Dad," Ava looked from Trin to Baen. "He will stay at the palace. He is a close friend of mine, and I havent seen him in a while. We have the space. It's not like he's a stranger. He's a friend. A dear friend. It would be nice to be able to catch up with him without travel issues..." She smiled at Baen.
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm

"OK, whatever." He said sighing, withdrawing his hand and walking towards the palace, thoughts of suicide floating around, but being quelled by the saner Trinovantes. He walked into a store and came out with a can of Monster, drinking gulp by gulp of it. When he was finished he set light to it while it was in his hand using his daemonic powers, still headed towards the palace.
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:41 am

he walks up to Trin and grasps his shoulder his own hand reaching out in the warriors shake
"my apologies Trin i was distracted by errant thought..." with these words he looks over to a cloaked figure whom promptly leaves
"at anyrate i am fine with the house. i would be glad to get back into an army of sorts, regardless of what the job is. and Ava it would be no problem. i can perform transdimensional shifts. just say when you wish to speak and i'll be there in a second."
he returns his attentions to Trin
" so when could i move into the house and where is it?"
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:45 am

Trin grins, holding the keys out.
"Feel free to move in whenever. It's just opposite the drugs store." He points it out, before saying in a muttered tone, "A good place to go for 'potions' for 'annoying' people." He winks. Anyway military activity is slow, there are many barbarians and creatures, whom we are trying to clear from some of the border lands to settle. I think another excellent warrior like yourself could break the deadlock."
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:47 am

accepting the keys gratefully he grins back with a glance to Ava about the potions.
" I'll keep that in mind...when do you want me to head out sir?and will i need a hunting party to go with me until your sure of me or just go straight ahead?"
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:50 am

Trin sucked air through his teeth, looking distant. He looked back to Baen.
"You don't have to address me as sir, you know. I give honor to those warriors as skillful, if not more, than me." He thought before adding "Meet me in the training grounds in 2 hours. I should have a party of thirty decent warriors for a scouting raid by then."
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:57 am

looking around as he speaks but listening intently he silently draws a dagger from his belt that was hidden. he then suddenly swings his arm to behind Trin the small diamond hilted dagger hurling into the chest of a cloaked man.

"made enemie already i see Trin. and okay...2 hours, training grounds"
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:03 pm

Trin nodded, grabbing the stabbed man by the collar.
"Good work already. See you there." So saying, he dragged the man who was not dead, but bleeding badly, back to the interrogation chamber. He slapped him, pulling the hood down, to reveal an elf. He was stunned. He looked to his sister and daughter, and Baen, confused. "Baen, have you ever met any 'turned' elves?" He asked, also including Lianna and Ava in the question.
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

"only elves i know of that had "turned" against humans were the Obidrons. but i can assure you all but 6 of them are dead. it took 297 of my family members lives to ensure man's protection against them so if there are any servnig your enemies i am now wrapped into your wars more bindedly than i thought. and if the attempted assassin is an Obidron ef or one of their follower clans then it may not have been eitehr of you three that was the target but myself. i doubt that as that would mean i have been tracked here...only others possible are the ruin followers. they reside a few kilometres north of your kingdom close to another that has sprouted recently but grown impressivly. unfortunately it is ruled by a tyrannical dictator, he is as well trained in the arts of Grammyre as myself so he could have broken their minds and gotthe to follow him. doubtful and improbably but possible."

he looks to the two girls before returning the gaze of his burning blue eyes back to Trin

"why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
3hoursleep

3hoursleep

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

Trin threw the elf assassin into the dirt before Baen.
"Looks like you've been tracked. If this is the case then our plans for expansion must stay on hold. Any threat to any citizen is a threat to the kingdom. We must bolster defences." He spat at the elf. "I'll take this bastard to the interrogation chamber. Anything I can get out of him would be useful. Ask these two where I keep the general quarters, I haven't got the time." With that he marched off, keeping the elf assassin in a painful armlock.
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:30 pm

he sighs, forgetting to raise his mental barriers, hoping it is the other answer that it was indeed sent after Trin instead of himself as he refuses to bringg his own war to the lands of men , enhanced they may be, but men nonetheless
he whispers softly
" not again...i will risk the live of my friends..."

he suddenly turns of and the air infront of him begins to pulsate and he opens his shifting tunnel to the old Obidron capital

" fare thee well Ceriba "
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 4:22 pm

the pulsating stops as he closes it
"no...i'll investigate this further..."

he turns off and sprints off incredibly fast through the town picking up dust
Back to top Go down
Baen Ikonoka

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 6:54 pm

(((i assume this is correct)))
**END OF TOPIC(?)**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses   Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking to the (Not so many) Masses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ceriba :: Ceriban Kingdom :: The Town :: Town Square-
Jump to: